Child has cold, fever, runny nose. Taking Calprofen. Ear pain, sleepiness. What would you advise?

Hi, I have a 3 year old son who come out with a cold and fever on sunday 17th Feb, the fever only lasted a couple of days but he has continued to have a runny nose and generally seem not quite himself, we were giving him calprofen, once or twice a day and that seem to give him abit more of a boost. I took him to the Doctors Tuesday this week as he was still suffering with the same symptons and had started to touch his ear in the night when he had woke crying. The doctor checked him and was happy that it was just a viral infection, and to use calpol rather than Calpofen so that it doesnt irritate his stomach . However he is complaining of pain in both ears now more frequently and the calpol doesn t seem to be helping, he is also very sleepy, what would you advise
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013