Child had diarrhea. Took Smecta. Pooing is difficult and painful. Cause?

Hi, my 15 months son was infected with a virus that leads to diarrhea with mucous and blood stool. Lasted about 2 days and during these times, doc prescribed smecta (in which he took for around 3 days). Now he is back to normal but he is pooing very frequently (say around 6-7 times daily), but the stool is normal, but as usual he is finding it difficult and painful. And it's been going on for 3 days.

May i know what could be the cause of it? Was it the side effect of smecta or what could be the other possibilities?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013