Child had abdominal cramps, vomiting, diarrhea with hive like spots. Viral infection?

I have an eight year old over the past 4 weeks he has had cramps vomiting dirhera and a slight temp one day each week. Today again he has it but this time he also has hive like spot I had him at our doctor last time he said it was a virus he tummy was rumbling and to starve him for 24 hours which we did I concerned as it means he isnt in school and also worried incase it isnt a viral infection. No one else in the house has been sick
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013