Child got ear pain after getting a loud sound in ear. Emergency?

my son ws playing with his karaoke machine and got the microphone too close. It made a loud sound in his ear. He then said his ear hurts, he cant hear. I did some tests (whispered in his ear)and he can hear me (he is 5 years old). Im not sure if he did something or maybe it irritated an ear infection that maybe just started? I will call his Dr. tomorrow but want to make sure its not an emergency. He is not one to cry about pain so I know it must hurt.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013