Child frequently breathes through mouth, speaks as if nose is pinched, has blocked nostrils at night. No mucus, ear ache, sore throat. What can be the remedy?

My 9 year old breathes through mouth, no ear ache or sore throat , is able to breathe through nose when asked to, speaks as if the nose iss pinched but is able to pronounce the nasal consonants properly while asked to. during night one of his nostrils are slightly blocked( if one day it is left another day it may be the right), no mucus . But he often fogets to breathe through nose while busy with something. Seems as if he has cold .What can be done?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012