Child constantly rubs eyes, presses eyebrows, has constant tearing, diagnosed with cylindrical power. Is the diagnosis right?

i have noticed my 5 years baby rubbing her eyes, pressing her eyebrows,she complains that light bothers her, while writing she goes very near to the note book, she also complains that her eyes are tired and some times tears comes out , what it means? Doctor has digonsed with the cylindrical power of -2 in her left eye and -.75 in her right eye. my worry is this diagnose is correct or is there any other problem also. doctor din t dilute her eyes, is it necessory to dilute the eyes ? what if he has not diluted her eyes ? shall i go and get the glasses on the basis of his priscription. doctor asked me to visit him after 2 months ,then he might suggest me for treatment by covering the eyes, what does that means? is there any chance of decreasing her power? what precautions can i take? any special diet which can help reducing her power?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012