Child complains of leg pain during sleep, has painful, hard lump under knee joint and bruise. Cause?

Dear Doctor, Please, please help me find an answer to this problem with my 3 year old daughter. She was complaining couple weeks ago that her leg was hurting, mostly at night when sleeping. She even spent one night crying a lot from pain. I just kept massaging, didn t notice anything. Then last week my mom discovers that she has a bruise and a painful lump behind her left leg, under the knee joint , not behind the knee, a little under it , towards the outer edge of the leg. It is pretty hard and quarter size and bruises are getting colorful, all around it. I have no idea whether she hurt herself, or if it occurred out of nowhere, by itself. I will be so grateful for your answer, I ll keep you in my prayers. Thank you, Warmly , Nelli
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013