Chest pain while coughing, bending, twisting. History of hard punch on the chest. Suggest

4 days ago I was punched hard in my chest, I have a hard time bending, twisting, extending my arms, sitting and adjusting to a laying position. Mild pain when I cough or hiccup, excruciating pain when for instance my cat jumped on my chest while I was laying down. My husband doesn't think there is anything that can be done even if it is a cracked rib except rest, This is the 4th day and I'm still sore but am more mobile.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013