Chest and abdomen spasm, tingling in feet, hiatus hernia. Drinking will damage liver?

Hi. I have combination of symptoms which tend to worsen together, usually as the day progresses. They are: chest and abdomen spasm , utterly unlike asthma, which make me feel I can t breathe in, although my o2 sats are normal; the sensation of neck being wrenched forwards; odd pinching in the nose; and tingling in the feet. I am a middle-age man with a history of asthma and, more recently, mild/moderate obstruction, probably caused by smoking, which I gave up 3 years ago. My best FEV is about 75% of normal and I am hyerinflated (up to 110% of normal). ECG and an exercise test have shown nothing wrong with my heart; and although I am a bit overweight, have a hiatus hernia and sometimes get reflux , the gastroenterologist does not think I get oesophageal spasms. Sometimes, these symptoms simply diappear, and although highly uncofortable, they do not prevent me from walking briskly for long distances, cycling, or walking up stairs. A while ago I was thought to be suffering from anxiety, but I doubt it. I was on citalopram and lorazepam , but they did not seem to help, and I am no longer taking them. I take an inhaled corticosteriod and a salbutamol-ipotropium (?) preventer. Could my level of obstruction be causing thing this (my specialist and GP do not think so)? I am not happy and tend to drink too much. Would liver damage do this? Thanks for any replies.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012