Cervical discharge, backache, lower abdominal pain, negative strip test. Pregnancy possible ?

i am fozia rashid i have irregulur periods with PCOs and i am taking duphaston for it my last period were start on 22 march i take duphaston for 21days on fifth day of my periods but i still dont have my periods its 9th day to stop duphaston. i have cervical discharge backache and lower abdomin pain ....i took a strip test at home but its negitive what should i do now please help me.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012
Duphaston or dehydrogesterone is given in p.c.o.s to regularise menstruation.Sometimes even though you take duphaston your menstrual cycle may not go back to normal.This may happen if your weight is excessive.You have to bring down your weight by exercise like running on a tradmill and abdominal might also have to take T metformin to reduce your weight.As PCOS is related to insulin resistance reduction of weight is the best way to normalise your periods.
OBGYN Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi's  Response
Hi Fozia,
Thanks for joining us.
PCOs patients often have this problem of irregular periods or prolonged cycles.
Please decide yourself why are you taking treatment for PCOs:
1. If you want a regular monthly cycle & no pregnancy combined contraceptive pills are a better choice for you especially those with anti-androgenic properties. You may request a prescription from your treating gynecologist for that. As these pills are more likely to bring regular monthly bleeds.
2. If you want to conceive & that is why taking duphaston to regulate the cycle then you are on a wrong tract as this drug Duphaston is although not a contraceptive pill, but when taken during a non-pregnant state, it may prevent pregnancy. (However in certain cases this tablet is prescribed while pregnant to maintain the correct hormonal balance.).
You may wait for your period for sometime, maximum 3 months or you may repeat your pelvic ultrasound & hormone profile to see what actually is going wrong. You may then consult a gynecologist for expert opinion & treatment specific to your aim.
Please try to keep your weight under check as this alone can regularize your period naturally.