Can the price and make of a HPT affect the reliability of the test ?

can the implant and the type of HPT effect the results I have the implant but my period is very late so I took 2 HPT and both were positive although the result line was very faint, I did another test a few days later and it was negative, the tests with a positive result were both cheap ones and the negative test was an expensive well known brand, could the price and make of the test effect the reliability of the results and could the implant effect the results also ?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
HPTs are mainly affected by moisture and if there control line is there and is dark, the kit is considered OK.Obviously the better company will provide you with a better quality. The implant does not affect the results. Are your periods overdue?
Dr. Rakhi Tayal