Can ovulation test card results be wrong if we had sex the previous night ?

I m trying to conceive, I have 2 children and I ve never had a problem before or really done anything special to conceive but my periods are normally normal now this may sound wierd but... my periods are normally 28-29 day cycles so I was suppost to start on Mar. 8th but I only spotted that day then on the 16th (36 day of cycle??) I started my period the normal 5-6 day lengh. I ve taken ovulation test (in feb) they were always two lines but the test line was Very light an now I ve taken test each of the passed 3 days & the test line has always been light this morning thier wasn t one at all... did I miss the day? (My website i use, calculated it that I wouldn t ovulate till 30th-4th depending on the lengh of the cycle because it was off this month) Wierd part: I normally have my period after my sister whom I care for but she started depo. in febuary. Also, I had my copper iud taken out in jan. but i got my period on time in feb (which was before my sister had the depo. shot). I was told that sometimes woman who live in the same household sinc. to each others clocks lol, if I said that right. Did I miss my 24-36hrs of ovulation :( ?? (I couldn t have ovulated for the 8th during the 16-20th period, Right? I didn t test then) Could having intercourse the night before taking the ovulation test mess them up)? I ve never used the test before & maybe thats why I m antsie, we d like a christmas time baby ;) I have also taken pregnancy test at different times just incase and they were of course neg. Thank You, Tiana-23yrs old-Married 5yrs
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011