Can I use Dolonex DT tablet to avoid menstrual cramps ?

i am 20 year old (female) can i use Dolonex DT tablet for mensural cramps? please tell about its side effects
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Avoid if you are have bronchial asthma, severe gastritis and take it on full stomach.
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Dolonex is a NSAID.Its a painkiller.I suggest you take mefanemic acid or paracetamol instead.
Side effects of dolonex are vomitting,gastritis etc.
General & Family Physician Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Yes. You may use the drug as advised by your Doctor. Side effects of Piroxicam use can result in nausea, vomiting, tinnitus, dizziness, headache, rash, and itching. The most severe adverse reactions are peptic ulceration, gastrointestinal bleeding, and severe skin reactions seen in 20% patients who have taken 20mg or more a day. If you develop any of the following symptoms, please stop the drug and consult your Doctor.