Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Can I take Subutex instead of hydrocodone?

I have been taking prescription pain medication for many years. I also realize that I abuse them and have become addicted to them. I can/sometimes take over 20-30mg s of hydrocodone or oxycodone per DAY. I was told about Subutex by a friend and wanted to know if I take a Subutex and later decide to take the hydro or oxyco, will I still be able to feel the effects of them?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Jan 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  252
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,

Changing such drugs at will is not very advisable. The opinion of your doctor is important for two main reasons.First, these drugs act in the central nervous system, and might be associated with serious withdrawal symptoms. Secondly, your doctor needs to monitor effectiveness and draw up an appropriate withdrawal plan, or change when necessary to better follow up your symptoms. suggest you meet a dr. Kind regards
Answered: Fri, 31 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor