Calf muscle cramp, swollen knee, pain in leg bones. Mother had knee surgery. Could it be related?

2 weeks ago i had a muscle cramp in my calf. it was tender 3 days later when my knee started swelling , the knee is still swallen and my calf muscle is still tender and my bones in that leg hurt. im 34 years old and weight 202 lbs and im 5 4 went to er and they said it was not a blood clot but my leg should not feel like this 4 days later and still be swallen at the knee have had no injuries to my leg. my mother has had 2 complete knee surgerys could it be related? and what else can i do?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012