C7 nerve infringement. Suspected to be more than general muscle pull. X-ray done. What could it be?

I have just been off work for 5 weeks with what my doctor calls c7 nerve infringment. Her theory is that I pulled a muscle and it was trapping a nerve but during these 5 weeks I was also going to physiotherapy where they believed it was more than just a pulled muscle and probably more to do with the vertibrae itself but also mentioned something about small ribs just below the neck . I have been looking up and now believe they were referring to cervical ribs. My doctor had sent me for an xray but did not mention anything about this and I myself did not see the xrays. Is it possible that my doctor has missed this or perhaps felt it wasnt significant enough to mention? or is it more likely to be that the physio were wrong?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012