Bypolar. Uncontrollable. What can control his drinking habits?

How do I get help for my boy freind that I have ben with for 20 yrs for his drinkin he is very d epressed and wont seek help he stoped takeing his meds he is by polar and out of control and keeps pointing his finger to his head. I dont enable him to drink but I see him drink from the time he wakes till he goes to bed .. We have a son together and I just wounder if there is a legal way to take control of him before he does something to his self.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012