Bumps on vagina, filled with pus, recurring, on the outside of vagina. Treatment?

Hi. I have bumps on top of my vagina since I was a kid I had it growing and when I squeeze it puss come out like a pimple . When it disappear after a week it grow somewhere else sometimes I have 4, each at different spot. I never have one inside my vagina or on my clit.please help I am worried and am embarrassed to go to a doctor.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Hello, and I hope i can help you today.

I believe you may have a viral skin infection called Molluscum Contagiosum. It can be found on any area of the body and causes bumps to form that look like small blisters and if you squeeze them out they pop and a yellow-white creamy substance comes out. I am sending a link to some photos that you may compare to the bumps you have:

You can catch Molluscum from swimming in rivers and also from spreading it by touch. It is commonly a sexually transmitted infection in adults.

So Molluscum does not need treatment. Popping the lesions will make the go away, but you need to make sure the area and your hands are clean, and that you wash them after to avoid spreading the bumps.

If you would like a secure way to have an examination, you can ask a premium question annonymously and attach a photo of the bumps. A GYN doctor should easily be able to diagnose you.

I hope I was able to adequately answer your question today and that this information was helpful.

Best wishes,

Dr. Brown