Bump on labia due to ingrown hair, bleeding on popping, recurring swelling. Cure for bump?

I have bump on my labia , I believe it s a hair bump because I usually get them. When I do get them I just do a warm compress and just squeeze the pus out when it comes to a head and after that it goes away; but this one is different when I did the compress and tried to pop it no pus came out it was just blood , and it wasn t just regular bleeding it was like it was just bloody skin coming out of the bump (I know that sounds weird but that is the only way I can describe it). It s healed up and I m doing the compresses and the bump goes down but it swells back up and I m afraid to pop it because of what happened before. I really don t know what to do or what it really is. The pain isn t that bad unless I touch it directly and it s been there for more than 3 months.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Mar 2014

There are two possible causes for this lesion:
1. Folliculitis: infection of the hair follicle as you have been having. For this, use a hair remover to remove hair rather than shave, try to pull out the hair root with a forcep if visible and possible, keep the area dry, change your undergarments twice daily and wash them with hot water and detergent. Hot compresses are very helpful and apply some betadine lotion after extracting the pus, or clean with savlon after extracting the pus and let dry and then put neosporin powder. This must be done twice daily till very little pus comes and then just clean with antiseptic and apply neosporin. Get a blood sugar test as raised sugars may cause repeated infections.
2. Bartholinitis: infection of the bartholins gland that lies in that area. Similar measure like above will help control the acute phase of the disease but if it is recurrent it will need to be removed surgically.

I hope this was helpful. Thanks for using HCM.
OBGYN Dr. Sree Gouri SR's  Response
May 2013
According to your description, if you mentioned about labia majora, that could be folliculitis.
Because of occlusion of the hair follicle that will get infected and pus accumulation can occur.
Because of the destruction of the surrounding small blood vessels, blood can also accumulate along with pus.
As the lump is recurring better to get examined once.
By examination the exact cause can be identified and treated.
If the cause is found to be folliculitis, you may need local and systematic antibiotics.
Using oral analgesic and anti - inflammatory drugs can help in decreasing the symptoms.
Sitz bath can also help in relieving the symptoms to some extent.