Bulge in vaginal cavity, extreme tear in rectum, had a difficult childbirth. Do I need a colostomy?

I had a surgery six years ago for a bulge in the vaginal cavity. The surgeon found a tear in the rectum, presumably from a very difficult childbirth years ago. The tear was extreme and I was left with "less feeling" when I have gas. Consequently, I went back to the doctor three times and he got frustrated. He said, the next step is a colostomy. I have not had a relationship since and feel exceptionally vulnerable and lonely. What would be your recommendation?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013