Bruise on the chin and ankle after falling from stairs, took medicines, no improvement, great pain. Fracture?

Hi. 4 days ago I slipped on some wet stairs (it was raining), I twisted my ankle as well as scraping my chin down a few stairs along the way. It was swollen for the first 3 days and I have about a 6 inch bruise along the base of my chin near my ankle and a small cut from the initial impact. I have iced it, elevated it and babied it since the injury. I have also taken motrin, aleve and tylenol (not all at once!) but, nothing is touching the pain! I don t *think* it s a fracture but since it s really no better after 4 days, should go see my doctor to make sure? Also, what can I take for the pain? I have to be up and on my feet a lot in my career and this injury has made it very difficult to put a great deal of weight on it. The pain is also keeping me up at night. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012