Brown discharge between taking pills, cervix erosion, back pain

Hi i had some brown discharge between taking my pill , so went to the doctor who took swabs in case of infection, also he said i had a small erosion on my cervix , nothing to worry about he said, referring me to hospital to let a micoscope and dye take a look? he also said they may take a biopsy!! which set me worrying, i then went to wait in the waiting room and picked a magazine which had a story in it about a woman with similar symptoms who has since died from cervical cancer!! so now im scared stiff and worried to death i also have an achy lower back, but not sure if im linking things as i do kettlebell excerscise classes and missed the last one because my back was sore, please can you put my mind at ease.
Asked On : Wed, 9 May 2012