Bronchitis, clogged ears, used heating pad. Why is this happening?

I have had a bad case of bronchitis for about 4 days now. The doc checked my ears 3 days ago and said they were fine. I have not been that congested, less than you would be with a cold . But today my ear slowly started feeling clogged. Now it is too the point it feels like I have my finger stuck in it because I can not hear anything out of that ear. I have tried leaning over upside down to see if anything would drain, I laid down on my side with my ear on a heating pad for about an hr and then tried it on a very hot steamy towel, and Ive tried to pop my ears. Nothing has helped. Why is this happening
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012