Breast lump, heaviness, soreness in armpit. Done ultrasound. Suggest?

HI Mia, I have been living in the UK for 12 years now moving from the US. I went to the docs about 6 months ago with a breast lump. They did an ultrasound on it and said it was okay and no further treatment was required. Then a few months later the lump became bigger and sore during periods. Doctor said not to worry probably hormonal tissue and if it gets worse in a few months come back. Well it is worse, my whole left breast is sore all the time now and up into my armpit. My breast feels heavier than my right and it is just uncomfortable. I saw my doctor yesterday and he is sending my back to breast clinic at hospital to have another ultrasound. I am 34 yrs old and have had 2 children. I just want to know what it could possibly be and if an ultrasound is the best way to assess breast? I just wanted to also know if this would be the same process if I was back living in the states or would an alternative assessment be offered?
Thank you
Kristen
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013