Blotchy skin on neck, chest, arms. Using benadryl. Allergic to products used at hairdressers. Treatment?

Hi, my name is XXXXX and I am 20 years old. I have had something happen to me about 3 times now, all apart from each other. I was getting my hair done about 4 months ago and once my hair was done I took my hairdressers cape off and my whole neck , chest , and arms were covered in flat pink/red smudges . I was feeling VERY hot, BUT I was not itchy at all! After about 40min-an hour they went away. I thought nothing of it until it happened again at the same salon a month later. I figured I had an allergy to the products they used, so the third time I went there I told them my problem and they only used shampoo and conditioner and an oil. Nothing happened this time, I felt fine! Anyway, 2 days ago at work (I work in a big clothing store), my ears started to get uncomfortably hot and soon after so did my face. I went on my 10 to look at myself in the bathroom and my whole neck was covered in these blotches , soon after my arms were as well. I immediately bought Benadryl and it helped right away. When I asked my mom she said it sounded like I was getting hives caused by anxiety . I normally dont feel very anxious/stressed to a point where I think my body would start developing HIVES. I googled around the internet too and hives are described as raised, itchy, and red and all I feel is very warm and my skin gets blotchy but I do not itch at all. What can this be?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012