Blood clot with skin attached to tampon, negative pregnancy test, have PCOS. What is it?

I have had many problems with my cycle over the past few years. I have developed PCOS and have always had horrible periods with terrible pain and heavy bleeding. I m only twenty but I am sexually active. I am on birth control . Yesterday I went to take a tampon out and found a very large blood clot attached to a large piece of what looked like skin (it s happened twice since yesterday). I took a pregnancy test to see if it could have been a miscarriage but the test was negative. I m concerned there may be something else wrong because nothing like this has ever happened before. Could it be some other condition my doctor has not tested me for?
Asked On : Wed, 9 May 2012