Bloating, cramping during bowel movements, odd sensation in bladder after emptying post laparoscopic hysterectomy. Reason?

Hello. 2 weeks ago I had a laparascopic hysterectomy (removed uterus and both fallopian tubes ) along with a repeat bladder lift using Monarch sling. About 3-5 days after surgery when I felt like I had to have a BM I experienced this severe bloating and cramping all over my abdominal area (I felt like I was going through labor again!!) I also was experiencing severe bloating and frequently passing gas. I wasn t constipated but I just felt like my bowels were cramping and not moving. Eventually after 1/2 hour and trying not to strain I finally passed a BM. Since then I m still experiencing abdominal gas and bloating (not as bad) and when I have a bowel movement I experience abdominal cramping and pressure (not as severe as it was previously) but it s like I can feel my intestines move. When I void I feel a very odd sensation over my bladder especially just after I have emptied my bladder. Also at the opening to my vagina I feel something there that has a rough or bumpy surface. Prior to the surgery, I could feel my bladder bulging from my vagina. This doesn t feel the same. I am waiting to see my surgeon about all these concerns I have. Are you able to give me any advice or reassurance? Are these common problems after having the surgery I had??
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013