Bleeding post sex, pain due to a feeling of dryness followed by irritation. Cause?

It has been almost 10 months since I have had sex. I have recently started seeing someone and we had sex. There was a little pain but it felt more like pain from chafing or dryness, no pressure and not uncomfortable otherwise. Afterwards I noticed that I was bleeding slightly, but the bleeding did not continue. The blood was a normal color and I do not have any abnormal discharge . Having sex again the next day hurt a little more, but it was the same type of pain - felt pain from chafing and dryness and the irritation from the day before. After these two days I was in pain - but again felt as if I had open wounds per say - from chafing. One week later I felt fine - we had sex with same results, and again 1 week later, and same results but a little less painful(pain felt as though it was from chafing, no pressure and not uncomfortable otherwise). Could the bleeding be from a combination of a long duration without sex and then all of a sudden having sex that is a little rough and lasts a while plus not using lubrication?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012