Bitten by dog. Took rabies vaccination a day late. Any problem? 4th, 5th dose required?

Dear doc, I m bitten by a dog and i am in rabies vaccination . Today i took my 3rd dose, which actually was to be taken yesterday as per standard schedule. Thus will i have any problem byvtaking a 3rd dose a day late from the standard schedule. Further, also clarify if the dog always dies within 10 days of its bite. Why? And if it dies what should i do? If it does not - am i fortunate? If the dog lives, do i need to take 4th and 5th dose od rabies vaccine also?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013