Bitten by a dog, wounds on finger. Dog immunized for two years. Does child need vaccination?

Hi Greetings. This is XXXXXX. My son was bitten by a dog leaving tiny wounds yesterday on the index finger . My wife washed the wound immediately. The dog is kept at home but wanders away on its own time and again and was immunized 1 and half years ago. The immunization vaccine was given that would work for 2 years- is it so please ? We have a tendency here to wait for 10 days and then if the dog dies then we take the patient to the dr . does a dog die in 10 days ? Than ks
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012