Been diagnosed with small hiatus hernia. Trouble swallowing, hump in throat and smell. Help?

hello my name is claire and i have been diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia about 2 years ago. a few years ago i had a problem with food being stuck in my throat and the only way to make it go down was to have a long drink, the symptons make me panic as i feel i cant breath . these symptons have come back and i feel if i go to my doctor they will just give me tablets . i also sometimes have bad breath and can bring a hard lump up from my throat that is really smelly. please help.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012