Back pain, had stent placed, had kidney stone removed. Can stents cause UTIs?

I had a stent placed a few weeks ago and it was removed...after having kidney stone , they did the shock wave on me too along with a scope. Anyways, as of 2 days ago I feel like I am starting to have symptoms of a UTI and as of right now, my back is starting to hurt, but not on the side where the kidney stone was. They were only able to blast 95%. I guess my question is...can stents cause UTIs? Mine was removed on the 23rd.... Or is this possibly another kidney stone.... my husband is deployed and I cannot go to the ER alone bc I will not have a ride home! I dont know if I should call my urologist when they open to see if he will just write me a script for a UTI without being seen, given the fact I recently had surgery. Please help.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012