BP, experienced sudden discomfort on brisk walk. ECHO showed ASD. Advised TEE test. Is it curable?

HI.Dr. Good Evening. My wife is running 45. Her Sugar, Cholestral level are normal. She is taking pills for BP for the past 6 months. Recently while on fast walk, she experienced sudden discomforture. Immediately ECG was taken and my Dr. informed that there were some variation. After having taken ECHO Cardiogram test, he informed me that she is having ASD and she was advised to take TEE test. In the mean while I want to know, whether, ASD is 100% curable. Is it choronic? How to treat it.
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012