Why is my son getting lightheaded and blue legs while taking shower?

My 14-year old son's legs turn blue and splotchy when taking shower. He does like to take long, hot showers. He also just told me that if he stays in the shower longer, he gets lightheaded. The blue color goes away within a minute or two once he is out o the shower. Is this something I should be worried about? I've read online about cyanosis and pulmonary hypertension and am worried. Few years ago after going skiing he had a slight heart murmur and occasionally he get tired and short of breath after playing sports.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestion... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I read your concern very carefully and would like to say: Your son has suffered from obstructive sleep apnea, which had gone away after adenoids removal. In order to rule out pulmonary hypertension (cardiac and pulmonary problems) I suggest consulting this specialist. First of all your boy should consult a cardiologist to do a full cardiac evaluation, to rule out all congenital (born) and acquired disease. I recommend an ECG; heart ECHO, rhythm monitoring holter. Secondly your boy should consult a pulmonologist to perform a full pulmonary evaluation (with chest X-ray, pulmonary- CT, pulmonary function test spirometry) to rule out any pulmonary problem. Thirdly I recommend doing a doppler ultrasound examination of the legs to rule out any local problems. If all this exams are done and the results are within normal limits than I would say don't worry nothing is wrong with your boy. Hope I answered your query. Wish you and your family health. Dr. Benard p.s: If you have more concerns don’t hesitate to write me back.