Area of the skin post ring worm treatment has turned purple after stopping medicine. Side effect?

I had ring worm recently, and I cured it with some over the counter medicine. However, it did not appear to completely go away, so I saw a dermatologist who then told me that the ring worm was gone and the rest was just a minor skin infection . I was prescribed medicine, which ran out yesterday after over a month of use. This morning the part of my skin which had been infected in now purple. Is this just a minor side effect of stopping the medicine, or should I return to the doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012