Are my shoulder pains and numbness of limbs a result of my physically challenging job ?

i work with youth between 15yrs and 20yrs, with mental health concerns. I have to physically intervene when they become aggitated. Could this cause more damage, as I feel it statred last year when I was off work due to pain on my left side shoulder . And have since suffered weakness and numbness in my left arm and muscle pain in both from elbow to shoulder. I have and MRI in may and am worried I might damage myself if I have to physically contain the youth
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011