Are fruta planta pills dangerousfor health?

is it true that fruta planta diet pills contain a drug called meridia and is it dangerous?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Jul 2010
  Anonymous's Response

welcome to health care magic

no this medication is safe ,,remember excess of every thing is per medical terms no side effects...

take care

Dr payal
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. Fruta planta diet pills have been declared dangerous for health by FDA, which is responsible for controlling the harmfull drugs in market. It was found to be containing sibutramine which acts as an apetite suppresant. It is also known to increase blood pressure and cause cardiac health disorders which can be lethal too. So people are strongly advised against use of fruta planta diet pills. Wish you good health.
The FDA actually pulled these from the market. They contained unmarked ingredients that were banned in the United States. They were the known cause of some heart attacks, and even had a reported death. There are TONS of other side effects as well. They are very unsafe, and despite the advertising, not all natural.
why are they dangerous if they say they are all natural
Fruta Planta is NOT safe at all! I started taking it about 10 days ago because my cousin told me her 12 year old son lost 45 lbs using these pills for 5 months. The idea of losing weight so quickly and easily was so appealing that I decided on giving them a try because I thought they were natural..after all, my cousin gave them to a child! The day I took them I was so sluggish and the pill immediately knocked me out for about 2 hours. The second day, I had a temporary headache at night and was unable to sleep until 3am. I did not experience much dry mouth, perhaps because I drank enough water. The next few days, horrible things began to happen to me. My heart was racing, my chest was hurting incredibly- as if I had 300lbs sitting on me. I had painful stomach cramps that led to diarrhea and vomiting. Because of all these side effects, I started to research this "100% natural pill" and after 20 plus hours of research I have found many horrible truths. Fruta planta has sibutramine, arsenic, lead and mercury along with the fruits and plants it claims to have! I was so furious that I decided on calling a number the FDA had given me of a distributor that was recalling fruta planta. The representative told me that fruta planta is not natural, that it does have lead, arsenic (rat poison) and mercury in low quantities from the pesticides used on the "planta". This company Prock also stated that they were unaware that all fruta planta pills whether fake or original contained sibutramine at first but now knows that each pill has sibutramine in it. When I asked her how much sibutramine each pill contained, the representative said "anywhere from 12-18.9mg" (thats double the amount that was prescribed and monitored to obese patients in the past) Sibutramine has been taken off the market in the U.S. and in numerous countries because of the damage it can do to the heart. It can increase many cardiovascular diseases and lead to stroke or heart attack. I don't know how many deaths exactly sibutramine or fruta planta have caused but I am sure it is dangerous enough to be taken off the market. I ended up in the emergency room 2 days ago on an EKG that read 126 - and I still have chest pain. I would not advise anyone to continue taking this pill even if you do see weight loss. the 5 or 6 lbs I lost in these 10 days are not worth the side effects or rushing to a hospital because I felt like I was having a heart attack- The cardiologist said that I am not the first case she sees with high blood pressure because of these diet pills. I hope this has been informational- you can always read more about what fruta planta really contains on the FDAwebsite and also call this number 877-225-1009 with all your questions before 5pm. I left a message and someone got back to me immediately. Drink a gallon of water and flush this pill out ASAP.
There is no proven efficacy for such pills. You should better take balanced diet and do regular exercises.
I've been taking this pill for a while, it did help me to control my weight (but just a little bit). Remember everybody has a different system, so anything can happen. A friend of mine took the same pills and she didn't lose any weight, so there you go. Another girl I know took the same pills (fruta planta) and she's sooooo skinny (I'm sooo jealous lol).