Anemia after removing fibroids. Enlarged lymph nodes in the neck and chest. Dimple reactive lymphoid hyperlasia. Are these related?

I am a 42 year old female. Three years ago, I had surgery to remove several fibroids which were causing severe anaemia and painful periods (largest of which was 18 cm) Following this, I had a CT scan which revealed enlarged lymph nodes in my neck, chest and abdomen. I had a lymph node biopsy in Nov 2009 which did not reveal anything, simply reactive lymphoid hyperlasia In February 2010 I had a another surgery to remove some smaller fibroids. Since then my general health and well being improved significantly. However, since January this year I ve noticed some irregularities in my periods. I saw my gyno last week and he revealed a 12 cm fibroid, and raised concerns that such a large fibroid could have grown again so quickly. He organised a pap smear and D & C which came back clear. They also did another CT scan of my neck, chest and abdomen. The lymph nodes in my neck and chest are insignificant, but the ones in my pelvis are enlarged (largest measuring 4 cm). He is strongly recommending a hysterectomy to rule out any possibility of cancer. My question is this: Is there a link between the Fibroids and the enlarged lymph nodes? Are there other tests that can be done to determine the cause of the enlarged lymph nodes in my pelvis? (I don t want cancer, but want to make sure I have the right source removed,
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012