Anal Fissures

Hello is it ok to hold in stool for 4 to 5 days so my anal fissures have time to heal
Asked On : Sun, 27 Feb 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
The mordern Allopathic medicines are not worthless in Anal fissures the rate of reoccurence and not succeful.
I recommend for you Ayurvedic technique for the treatment very successful some herbal preparation and ayurvedic Minor surgery KSHARASUTRA technique to heal your fissures.
i recommend you to contact your nearest ayurvedic specialist or write me for details
Get well soon
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Mahendra K Shah's  Response
Hi, You should not hold your stools for 4-5 days because the stools would be hard later on and they would again aggravate your anal fissure problem. You should use alaxative to soften your stools and eat a lot of fibtres in your diet. Get your self treated in any pathy i.e by ayurveda or visit a surgeon. Also avoid spicy food till then

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
No it is not the least advisable to hold your stool. This will increase your problem many folds.Ayurveda never recommends to hold any of the flows. Stool softners may be of good help. There are ano rectal ayurvedic clinics where kshar sutra is done for fissures. Till then have trifla guggul 2 bd with hot water.
Homeopath Dr. Krupali Devkar's  Response
hello dear. pls do not hold ur is not advisable. take some fibrous food like fruits and leafy vegetables.this will soften can take lactifibre. Go for homoeopathic medicines.will provide great relief, and yes prermanent too.
Thank you all for your help. im going to try go to the toilet every time i need to go but it hurts and bleeds. dose it only hurt and bleed if my stool is hard ? and if im going to the toilet every 1-2 days isint that going to make it worse ? when it bleeds, is that the fissure bleeding or is it just the tearing of the skin ? sorry for asking so much but i realy want to try solve this problem at home.