Am I suffering from dysmenorrhea as my periods are painful and have vomiting , diarrhea and dizzyness and how can it be treated ?

hi.Whenever am having my period,it is always very painful to the point where i sleep on the floor because i cant go up on the bed,i vomit alot,have diarrhea ,dizzy and most times unable to walk.I have been having these symptoms since i was about 13 and now i am 23.Is this dysmenorrhea and how long do i have to live with it? I visited a gynecologist and he suggested i take contraceptives.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Feb 2012