Abnormal period and cramps after stopping birth control. Spotting now. What could this be?

I started taking birth control in September 2012. 3 months later I started spotting for 2 weeks, so I decided to get off the birth control, hoping the spotting would stop. A week later my period comes, but it doesn t seem like a normal period.. it was a thicker consistency. It lasted for a bout 4 days, and then the spotting started back up again...then 2 days after ending me period I start to get excruciating cramps on the lower right side of my stomach (more toward my pelvic bone). The first 3 days were horrible, making it hard to do simple things like sit down, or bend down to put my shoes on. But, then I noticed the pain decreasing after 3 days, and now it is more of a pain in the center of my abdomen . I don t notice the pain so much until I cough, or go to the restroom. (and I m still spotting). What could this be??? I read different possibilities online, such as appendicitis , or pelvic inflammatory disease ..others stated that it s just my body readjusting after coming off the pill.. I m hoping it isn t anything serious
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013