Abdominal ultrasound showed bulky cervix. Trans-vaginal with bulky and prominent uterine cervix. Meaning?

I just was told my test results (abdominal ultrasound) showed a bulky cervix and that I now need a transvaginal ultrasound . The report says the uterus measures 6.8X2.7X4.3 cm, and the uterine cervix appears somewhat bulky and prominent. The uterus is otherwise unremarkable in appearance. (I am post menopausal and have had one c section and natural birth and one miscarriage ) What might this mean? Evaluation is slightly limited without transvaginal sonography . The cervix appears bulky by transabdominal imaging. The results also say there is a follicle measuring 1.5 cm in the visualized right ovary.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  369 Awaiting Answer