Abdominal pain during arousal, sex, before and after periods. Relief with heating pad, ibuprofen. Endomitriosis?

I have low abdominal pain at the following occasions 1. upon arousal that only intensifies if masturbates 2. a week before, during and after my menstrual cycle 3. if I sit for a prolonged time . When having sex and I do not have any of the 3 occurring I still have pain. I have started using Nuvaring which helped but now is not helping as much, I have to lay down with heating pad to help the pain and ibuprofen . My OBGYN believes it to be endomitriosis and is suggesting surgery, lapraoscopy, can there be anything else
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013