Abdominal muscle pain, swelling. Using Diazepam. Can you help?

Every night when I lie down I feel the muscles in my abdomen tighten and this leads to pretty horrendous pain. There is a lot of activity in that area and the feeling of swelling . I have suffered this for 16 months and at my wits end. All tests and scans have drawn a blank. I m repying on diasapam to get some sleep. I am in my sixties and feel I cannot go on much longer. Can u help?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012
Hi joan,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The type of abdomen pain you are having can be due to many causes.
It can be due to innocuous causes like acid peptic disease, irritable bowel syndrome etc when all scans are normal. But it can be due to some serious possibilities like cancers, diverticular disease, crohn's disease, gut ischemia etc.
You should get a thorough examination and work up by an experienced physician of your locality and get investigated as soon as possible.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!