Abdominal cramps during pregnancy, lost mucus plug, pressure in vagina. Should I be concerned?

Yes, I am 33 weeks pregnant and yesterday from about 8 am till about 1 pm I had pretty bad cramping in my lower abdomen . I tried eating, drinking water, resting and walking but none of that helped ease it, it just finally went away on its on. That night I went to the bathroom and lost what I believe was part of my mucus plug, which I know can happen several weeks before labor but on the the safe side I called my Dr. office and spoke to the nurse anyways. She said it was probably nothing to be concerned about and gave me some other symptoms to watch for. Today around 5:30 to 6 pm I started getting the bad cramping again, a little while later I noticed my underwear seemed a little wet but not like discharge and since I have been feeling a kind of sharp pressure/pain in my vagina and anus . I have had 2 other children but I have had a ton of new symptoms with this one so I never know whether I should be concerned or not.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012