9 year old having throat congestion, flap on the tonsils. Injury?

My 9 year old boy has a small flap of tonsil colored tonsil on his tonsil that is causing him to feel like he has something caught in his throat. His tonsils look fine- smaller than usual (due to his allergies at times). No redness, or white. He was eating last night and thought he got something caught- didn't get better and now this am, I looked and I can see this small flap. It is not very large- maybe 1/8" long, but you can see how it would bother him. Is this something that will go away? Did he maybe get something caught and it pulled away and will fix its self? Do I take him in?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013