87 year, having severe itching in the vagina part. Took medicine for urinary infection and applied cream. Not cured. Now?

Dear Doctor, My 87 year old mother is having severe itching problem in the vagina part and below. Though she has taken medicine for urinary infection, it is not subsided. Some ointments like itchguard, Surfaz etc. have been tried but there is no respite for itching in the soft in and around part of vagina and upto thigh part… Please advise what is the best treatment for this? She is unable to visit specialist because of oldage. regards,swamy
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013