80 year old had surgery for chronic subdural hematoma. Did burr hole on both sides of the head. CT scan showing blood clot. When will he become conscious?

My father is 80 years old. 5 days ago (Monday), he had surgery to address a chronic subdural hematoma (400cc of liquid/blood). Burrhole on both sides of his head. Tubes were removed Wednesday. He didn t wake up on Wednesday so on Thursday, NGT for 250 calories, every 4 hours. Friday am, CT scan revealed a blood clot on his right side (100 cc), another burrhole. My question is, what can be the possible reasons why he is not waking up? Both neurosurgeon and neurologist , after reviewing his CT scan say that they see no reason why he is not waking up and that we should just wait.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012