What causes dizziness in a diabetic?

Neurologist
Question
I am 66 years old. I am obese. I have Diabetes high blood pressure, Bi Polar, and I guess that is about all I can remember at this time. Hopefully, I about have them all listed. 3 weeks running now I have had excruciating pain in the back of my legs. It hurts to sit down, it hurts to get up, it hurts to bend over to pick things up from the floor, and they (cramps?) sometime come up on me when I lie down in bed, I feel them coming up and I try to ready myself for the pain. Say, yesterday, I needed to get outside and pull some weeds that were taking over some of my pot plants. No cramps to begin with, then as I reach for more weeds, here they come, and it hurts so bad I want to cry, but what good would that be? So, I grin and bear it till the pain subsides. And, as it goes away, it makes me get up on my toes to try and lessen the pain. It seems to help with pain lessening.What can these possibly mean or be? This a new thing. Up until 3 weeks ago, I had never had anything like this before. They attack when I am trying to lie down to get them to stop.
Sincerely, XXXXXXX Taff
I did not tell you that within this year I have fallen many times from dizziness and landed in a XXXXXXX ER with a Subdural Hematoma, severe bruising, headache from the fall(I think). Oh, yes, I used to use a CPAP machine, my daughter's Ferret's chew it up so bad it had to be thrown away and has never been replaced. And I remain very sleepy during the day and usually take a nap cause I cannot stay awake.
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should consider getting a CPAP machine again.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

In background history of your sleep apnea, I would suggest you to consult a sleep specialist and get a fresh CPAP machine because leg cramps are frequently associated with sleep apnea.

Further, routine blood work should be done including serum electrolytes, Kidney function tests and Thyroid function tests. Adequate hydration should be maintained. Excellent control of Diabetes is also mandatory. These are the basic things that should be checked first, although there is a long list of causes of leg cramps and some higher investigations might be required if the above causes are ruled out.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)