Suffering from chronic subdural hematoma diagnosed through CT scan. BP increased and MRI done. Risk of surgery?

A 95 year old woman is suffering a chronic (we believe) subdural hematoma. It was diagnosed 12 days ago via CT scan. A second CT scan showed some shrinkage. However, 10 days ago her BP went from about 137/85 to 213/122. Yesterday an MRI was done and showed an increase in size and an additional bleed. Her mental function fluctuates between staring blankly to recognizing some family members and answering questions with one word. What would be risk of surgery to relieve the pressure on the brain and what expectation would we have for some cognitive recovery?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013